So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For Airbnb Rental
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Airbnb Rental FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Airbnb Rental