So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Air Bnb
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Air Bnb FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Air Bnb