You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For After Back Surgery
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For After Back Surgery FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For After Back Surgery