You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable King Bed
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Adjustable King Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable King Bed