So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Beds
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Beds FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Beds