If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed