So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Twin Xl
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Twin Xl FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Twin Xl