You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Reviews
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Reviews FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Reviews