So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Australia
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Australia FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed Australia