So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2022
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2022 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2022