So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2021
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2021 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Adjustable Bed 2021