If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Active Couples
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For Active Couples FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Active Couples