So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Aches And Pains
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For Aches And Pains FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Aches And Pains