If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Very Bad Back
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For A Very Bad Back FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Very Bad Back