So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For A Stomach Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For A Stomach Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Stomach Sleeper