If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Slatted Base Bed
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For A Slatted Base Bed FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Slatted Base Bed