So you’re in the market of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Loft Bed
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For A Loft Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Loft Bed