You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Large Person
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For A Large Person FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Large Person