You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Child
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For A Child FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Child