So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For A Bad Low Back
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For A Bad Low Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Bad Low Back