You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For A Bad Back Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For A Bad Back Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Bad Back Side Sleeper