You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A Back Sleeper
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For A Back Sleeper FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Back Sleeper