So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For A Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For A Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A Back Pain