If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For A 300 Pound Man
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For A 300 Pound Man FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For A 300 Pound Man