So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For $600
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For $600 FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For $600