You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For $500
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For $500 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For $500