So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed For 40 Year Olds
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For 40 Year Olds FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For 40 Year Olds