If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed For 300Lb Person
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For 300Lb Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For 300Lb Person