You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For 300 Pound Person
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Bed For 300 Pound Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For 300 Pound Person