So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For 300 Lb Side Sleeper
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For 300 Lb Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For 300 Lb Side Sleeper