So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For 260 Lb Man
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For 260 Lb Man FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed For 260 Lb Man