You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed Encasement For Hot Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed Encasement For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed Encasement For Hot Sleepers