If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Bed Deals For Lower Back Pain
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed Deals For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed Deals For Lower Back Pain