You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Bed Brands For The Money
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed Brands For The Money FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by putting on an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed Brands For The Money