You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Bed Brand For The Money
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed Brand For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Bed Brand For The Money