So you’re in the market of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Bed Brand For Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed Brand For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed Brand For Back Pain