If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Bed Brand For Adjustable Bed
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed Brand For Adjustable Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Best Bed Brand For Adjustable Bed